Sunday, July 31, 2011

If I'm being totally honest...

It's been way too long... mostly because I've been busy and "cheating" a little bit.  Nothing like from my last post, but still.  Haven't been as good as I need to be.  For me, I find it hard when I don't have a set routine.  I KNOW things will improve when school starts back up.  That's not an excuse for now though.  I'm going to try harder. I want to thank a lot of you who keep checking in with me and asking how my program is going.  It keeps me honest, even when I've had a bad few days.  It really helps!  So keep the encouragement coming!

I did finally suck it up and rejoin my gym.  I went to two group fitness classes yesterday and today it's killing me to type (In a good way)!  I started with a step class followed by a body pump class, which is basically lifting weights to the beat of some upbeat music to keep the heart rate up.  What I do know is that cardio is not the best way to loose fat, but I am doing the step for fun, and the body pump has the resistance training I need.  Maybe as time goes on, I'll add in a spinning class!  I also got 3 personal training sessions when I signed back up, so that will be good to get me jump-started!  I really wish I had the money to spend on a personal trainer forever, but unfortunately, I don't, so I'll have to push myself on my own.

I'm really excited about getting back to the gym!  I think it will be a much better way to release stress during the school year.  Last year I stopped going to the gym and (now that I'm really thinking about it) it really effected my stress level and a very bad way.  I was more irritable, I didn't like my job (sadly, that was most days) and I was generally a not-nice version of myself.  That pains me to actually write in words for the world to see, but it's the truth and I don't want a repeat of last year!  Now that school is starting up soon, I'm starting to think about all the things I want to do differently, and THAT is at the top of my list!  I know for me, if I'm not happy, everything suffers.  Not only with work, but even more importantly, in my home life as well.  So here I am, putting that out here for all of you to read!  Please keep me accountable!  Especially those of you that I see on a semi-regular basis (I wish that was all of you!).  You guys really are the reason I'm staying more committed to myself and my goals.  Knowing that you guys know that I'm reaching for my goals gives me the leverage that I need to keep going.  So thanks again!  I love you all!  Here's to having the best week ever!

1 comment:

  1. glad you're back at a gym! how have the training sessions gone?

    ReplyDelete