Friday, July 8, 2011

4 days in...

After 4 days of being pretty much "Primal" I have to say, I have been pretty good thus far.  I have not been perfect but I've been a whole lot better than I normally am.  4th of July I did have a couple beers and some chips and dip, but what WAS different was the fact that I did not take an entire plate of chips and dip or anchor myself right next to the food like I have in the past... nor did I drink beer after beer after beer.  Instead I filled myself on lots of fresh veggies and homemade guacamole (YUM!) 

Since then the only real thing I have been regularly treating myself with are my chocolate truffles which happen to be right out of the Primal Blueprint cookbook so those aren't even that bad.  I do know that they aren't great and I shouldn't over do it because they do have some processed sugar in them but a whole heck of a lot less than other sweet craving options.  

Today has been by far my worst day food-wise... This is about the time that I usually give in to cravings (because my body is now rid of the majority of carbs in my system and is telling my brain it needs its "fix"), and I somewhat did give in today.  The difference is, however, that I am not letting one little "slip-up" derail all my efforts.  I couldn't help but sample a couple of gelatto flavors at our local coffee shop but even that was just a sample... so not so bad.  I am really trying hard to be good, and if it weren't for my commitment to this blog and the few followers that I do have, it might be even harder to stay on track. 

Now that I've "fessed up" to my shortcomings, I have to say I have noticed some slight changes... 
1) My belly is flatter, not smaller yet, but flatter.  I'm not bloated like I usually feel after eating a meal full of processed carbs.  
2) I'm not "crashing" like I used to a few hours after meals, and I don't get as hungry as quickly.
3) I don't really even crave bread... at all.

These small successes are telling me I am on the right track, and I'm really happy about that!

2 comments:

  1. yay! those are awesome successes! and i'm glad you're allowing some "slip ups" without getting discouraged! i'm proud of you, momma j!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking right along! Awesome! I am cleansing and starting over today after a few weeks of being too lax. Just a few slip-ups a little too often, and I got to the point where I was craving the bad stuff again and said "No more!" lol. Congrats on your successes - definitely celebrate them. Isn't it nice not to care about bread? :) That's great!

    ReplyDelete